24 Nov Should You Purchase New or Used Restaurant Equipment? Insights from a Restaurant Equipment Supplier in Naperville, Illinois
For a restaurant owner, the kitchen serves as the heart of your operations. If you don’t have the right kitchen equipment, it will be very difficult for your restaurant to flourish. Unfortunately, commercial kitchen equipment requires a hefty up-front investment. As such, restaurant owners are often faced with a dilemma: should you save money by purchasing used equipment, or should you only purchase brand new equipment? To help you decide, this restaurant equipment supplier in Naperville, Illinois is going to explore these questions below.
Expectations When Buying New Kitchen Equipment
Purchasing brand new commercial kitchen equipment can be expensive, but comes with the following perks:
- Warranty:All new items come with a least one-year warranty. It protects you in the future in case your machine breaks down. And typically you can expect less maintenance with new equipment.
- Performance:New equipment provides optimal performance. Prep meals faster and preserve ingredients better.
- Health Codes: As a restaurateur, you’re required to meet health and safety standards in Naperville, Illinois or wherever you establish your business. With new equipment, you can be assured that your investment is up to compliance standards.
- Energy-Efficient: New kitchen equipment comes with star certifications, showing its energy efficiency. Apart from helping you become a good steward of the environment by reducing your carbon footprint, you can expect lower energy bills.
There are many benefits to purchasing new restaurant equipment. However, experts in used restaurant equipment in Naperville, Illinois recommend staying within your budget, especially if this is your first restaurant.
Purchasing High-Quality Used Restaurant Equipment
When you’re working on a tight budget, the most viable alternative is to purchase second-hand kitchen equipment. It is more feasible than purchasing brand new, and in most cases, it works just as well. Check out the primary reasons why most start-up restaurants and those on a limited budget choose this option:
- Affordable: You can get a great deal on used foodservice equipment in Naperville, Illinois. The pricing is not always set allowing negotiation for a price within your budget.
- Like-New:Since this industry has a high turnover rate, you can find used kitchen equipment that is like new. And those that have been reconditioned may come with service warranties. Just do your due diligence to check for missing pieces or signs of corrosion.
- Extras: It is common practice in Naperville, Illinoisfor sellers to throw in extras to show good faith. Getting complimentary items with your purchase can help you save money.
- After-Care:Some retailers that sell used kitchen equipment have in-house technicians. You can get in touch with them in case your second-hand kitchen equipment needs maintenance services or repairs.
What Is the Right Choice for Your Restaurant?
Only you can decide on this because it depends on your unique circumstances. However, you should remember to do your research before purchasing anything. First, you must set a budget for all the kitchen equipment you need to effectively operate your restaurant. Then, study the different pros and cons of each piece of equipment. Once you’ve finalized the information, you can make the right decision for your business.
Looking for a Restaurant Equipment Supplier in Naperville, Illinois?
If you are looking for a top-rated used restaurant equipment supplier in Naperville, Illinois, look no further than March Quality New & Pre-Owned Foodservice Equipment. As the leading foodservice equipment supplier in the area, you can turn to us for high-quality products that meet or exceed your expectations. Contact us today at (630) 627-3031 to get started.