09 Oct Things to Consider When Purchasing Commercial Cookware: Insights from a Restaurant Equipment Supplier in Hoffman Estates, Illinois
There are several different types of cookware for restaurant owners in Hoffman Estates to consider, including aluminum, stainless steel, iron, and more. Not all cookware is created equally, and some types are superior to others.
Choosing the appropriate cookware can be difficult, so it’s important for restaurant owners to have a thorough understanding of the various types to determine what’s best for their kitchen. Below, this restaurant equipment supplier in Hoffman Estates, Illinois is going to discuss some of the key things to keep in mind as you shop.
Types of Cookware
The type of cookware that’s used at a restaurant should be determined by the cooking technique and the type of food to be cooked.
Here is a list of several various types of cookware, along with its benefits and drawbacks:
- Non-stick cookware is ideal for delicate meals like eggs or pancakes. It enables low-oil cooking. However, it is not dishwasher safe.
- Uncoated cast iron cookware can be used in place of non-stick cookware. It is robust and can be warmed to cook a variety of food. However, it is difficult to clean and can rust when not properly cared for.
- Copper cookware heats rapidly, making it perfect for speedy cooking. It looks nice, but it is prone to denting and should not be used with induction cooktops.
- Although aluminum cookware is lightweight and inexpensive, it can be very reactive to acidic foods.
Durability is one of the most significant characteristics of any cookware. A low-quality product will ultimately cost you more money in the long term.
Some varieties of cookware look better and endure longer than others — however, stainless steel is regarded as one of the best cookware materials. If you would like to learn more about the benefits of stainless steel cookware, your Hoffman Estates, Illinois restaurant equipment supplier would be happy to discuss.
Size and Shape
The cookware size is determined by the kitchen’s needs. The most often used cookware is frying pans, sauté pans, stockpots, skillets, and saucepans.
- Stockpots feature a broad flat base and wide sidewalls.
- A griddle is a wide, flat pan that is used to cook eggs, pancakes, and hamburgers.
- A saucepan is a deep vessel with a broad top and base used to cook grains or liquids.
- Sauté pans are like frying pans in appearance, but they have higher vertical edges to contain more liquid.
The price of cookware varies depending on the material, type, and size, and it is typically indicative of the product’s overall quality. Prices will also vary based on which restaurant equipment supplier in Hoffman Estates you’re working with. When it comes to cookware, the general rule is to purchase the best you can reasonably afford.
Certain metals react with specific meals. Aluminum, for example, has a propensity to react with tomato and other acidic foods. This implies that the food can absorb part of the metal, so choose the cookware carefully and be aware of the reactivity of each product.
Making the Final Decision
Your final decision on whether to use stainless steel, cast iron, copper, or aluminum should be based on the amount of time spent cooking in the kitchen, and the type of dishes you will be preparing.
Stainless steel cookware is at the top of the list in terms of overall versatility, usefulness, and pricing. When it comes to benefits, it easily outperforms the competition. However, it has one significant disadvantage in that it does not transfer heat efficiently, which is necessary to have uniformly cooked food. If you would like some help weighing your options, your Hoffman Estates, Illinois restaurant equipment supplier can help.
Looking for a Restaurant Equipment Supplier in Hoffman Estates, Illinois?
Do you need to purchase any type of commercial cookware for your restaurant’s kitchen? Are you looking for the premier restaurant equipment supplier in Hoffman Estates, Illinois? If so, the team at March Quality can help you find whatever you need at a price you’ll love. Contact us today at (630) 627-3031 to get started.